Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Perfect Day. . .

We've officially been kidless for 4 days! My brother Nate and his wife Amber took the kids to their house for a week! How awesome is that?! The first 3 days they were gone I worked and had class, but today was the PERFECT DAY!!!

6:30 AM- Eric leaves for work. . . I stay in bed :)
11:30 AM- Wake up time
11:45 AM- Shower, put on clean PJ's go back to bed
1:00 PM- Read (it was so great to read a novel. . . and forget about text books for a day)
3:00PM- Lunch
3:30 PM- watch TV
6:00 PM- Eric gets home, showers and leaves for Scouts
6:30 PM- Another nap for me :)
8:00 PM- Eric gets home, we watch TV together. . .


Now does this sound like the PERFECT DAY or what? It was great to lay around and worry about nothing. I can't remember the last time I had absolutely NOTHING to do. It was great. THANK YOU NATE AND AMBER!!!!! (And HOJ AND ANNEKE)

Ps. I talked to the kids tonight. . . they are having a blast. They made cookies, went to Chuck E. Cheese, lit fire works, sat in the hot tub, went to the park, did arts and crafts. . . . the list goes on and on. I think they are enjoying the break from us as much as we are enjoying the break from them.

4 comments:

Granny Z. said...

Nice! I think Nathan and Amber are going have to be added to the "greatest in the universe list". It is funnee how different your perfect days is than mine - tee hee, ha ha, ho ho, giggle giggle, snort!

Kris said...

I dig. Sounds like the most wonderful thing. You certainly earn it :)

Loree said...

wow! so cool for you! i need a break like that! any takers???

Jennifer Zito said...

Awwww...some R&R...I am glad you told me what it felt like...I have forgotten!...lol (kinda) You earned every second...I have to admit I am a little jealous!!!!