Thursday, March 5, 2009

Study Time

I've procrastinated it long enough. It's time to take the NCLEX (National Council License Exam) for my nursing license. I paid the $200 and set the date for March 12th. I've been super busy, and studying for the test hasn't been at the top of my "to do" list. I'm still taking classes, which include Microbiology and Pharmacology (both of which are quite intense). I'm working 2 days a week at the hospital, watching handicapped kids 3 days a week, home health care for an elderly couple 3 days a week and trying to be a good wife, mother and housekeeper all at the same time!

On top of it all, I am studying for the GAP (Generalized Achievement Profile), which is a test for advanced placement into the RN program. LPN's can enter in as sophomores, if I get in I'll have less than 15 credits left for my RN. Anyway, the test is on Saturday (the 7th). There are 10 people taking it, 3 students with the highest score on the test will get into the program. Needless to say. . . my stress level is through the roof. I'm headed to the Dr. tomarrow. . . I think I might have an ulcer :)

Any way, I'm setting everything aside this weekend, and studying for the NCLEX. I've already made over a 150 flash cards so I guess I have a little bit of a start. This is the stack of books they give you in the nursing program to help you study for the test. I guess I have a lot of reading to do.


Ok. . . I'm done whining:)

7 comments:

Kris said...

Sorry sis that sucks. I would say I can relate but I think you just might have me beat. Hang in there although life is never easy it isn't always torture :)

Johnny and Anny said...

Does one of your books say, "NCLEX PN...Incredibly Easy" (that sounds contradicting to me)?! That's quite the stack of books you have there, I think you accomplish more in one day than what I accomplish in a whole week. I'm excited for you to be done with tests so we can celebrate your birthday next week!

Loree said...

HOLY COW LADY! good luck with all that studying. i know you can do it! i'll pray for that ulcer of yours ;) hang in there girl!

April said...

Love the pic! You're awesome sis. Go, go, go! :)

P.S. What happened to the funky Irish music? It was funny.

Jennifer Zito said...

It gets better...I think?! You're Zito blood is in your favor. Your whole family is a bunch of geniuses! You'll do just fine!

Kalli Ko said...

and there is a face i know and love...

listen, books are easy. you just read the first page, a few in the middle and skip to the end.

worked for me!

okay not really but whatever.

Granny Z. said...

I love the picture - Lexi should become a photographer - she could make you rich!!! Glad to hear you aced the test, lets hope no one else did.