Sunday, August 31, 2008

Birthday Party!!




We celebrated Lexi's birthday this weekend! She invited 10 of her little friends and cousins, what a fun party we had! Once every one arrived, they all played with play-doh. I thought about playing games, but I was just too tired to try and organize 10 kids under the age of 4! So play doh it was! My kids have a HUGE tub of fun accessories and they all loved it.

Once they got tired of play-doh Lexi opened her presents. She got WAY too many, but she was sure excited. She got dress up stuff, an easy bake oven w/ extra accessories, a scooter, a car, Dora back pack full of fun games, princess magnet book, clothes, money, Leap Frog Click Start computer, Webkinz. . . and the list goes on. I almost felt a little guilty that she got so many presents. She really doesn't need so much, and I want her to appreciate the things she has! Any way, over all it was a great day and she had lots of fun. She is so excited to tell every one that she is now 4!

A quick side note. . . she was still wearing pull ups at night until her birthday last Thursday. I was getting her dressed for bed and started to put a pull up on her. She said "I don't wear those any more. . . I'm 4!" I told her she had to wear it because I didn't want her to get her bed all wet. She promised she'd get up and go if she had too, I reluctantly agreed and put panties on her. (we've tried several times, and I ended up changing her bed 3 or 4 times during the night). Any way, it's now been 4 days. . . and she hasn't had an accident yet! Yay!!!!

4 comments:

Loree said...

what a fun party! lexi is 4!!! holy cow! looked like a fun party! i feel like my kids get spoiled too on their birthdays too, but it's fun being a kid! glad no more pull-ups either. hope it is no more for good! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! have a happy day:) love ya

*Mary* said...

I can't believe how big she is. It feels like forever since we've seen her. I hope she had a good day. Give them kisses for us!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lexi. So I am visiting April in Sept/ Oct and would like to come visit you too. What do you think? Let me know.
Beth

Cami and Jason said...

I can not believe that Lexi is 4!! That is crazy! I hope she had a good one. Hey, I am having a candle party at the end of this month, so if you need more scents, let me know and we can order them for you and ship them out there. I guess I will need your new address too...
Cami