Monday, November 17, 2008

Laid-Off. . .

Ugh. What a horrible day! Eric got laid off from the mine tonight. They supply GM and Chrysler with palladium. . . we all know the auto industry is in big trouble financially. Metal prices are so low that the mine had no choice but to cut back on production, which means less workers. Any way, today was his last day. Seems crazy that they don't have to give people any notice! He's on his way home now. . . it's a little scary. I was scheduled to start working December 1st, but I guess I'll be calling tomorrow to see if I can start sooner. We hear about unemployment and lay offs on the news- but it's not supposed to happen to MY husband. Not sure what we're going to do. . . hopefully everything will work out. I have to look on the bright side though, it's been hard having him gone so much. We'll be glad to have him home, just not under these circumstances.

3 comments:

Cami and Jason said...

I am so sad to hear the news. We'll be thinking of you guys. Let us know if we can help in any way!
Cami

Jenna said...

Oh that is just awful, I am so sorry to hear that. This is such a scary time right now! It will all work out though, everything happens for a reason! Yes I will be home at christmas, we get a nice long winter break so I am super excited. We will have to get together!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. Your right, you hear about all of this on the news and it sounds bad but doesn't seem real enough to affect us. You're awesome for thinking positively!