Sunday, November 9, 2008

Childhood Flashback

When we were little, my mom would always give us a piece of dough to shape and bake when she made bread. It always tasted better if it was shaped in my initials :) After naps today, the kids helped me make bread. (I have an amazing buttermilk dough recipe that is to die for.) Any way, I gave both of the kids a piece of the dough. They were in heaven! Lexi made little bird's nest with "robin eggs" and Brandon made a snake. I helped both of them make the first letter of the name and then we baked them. What fun! Here are a few pictures. . .

"The bird's nest"

Brandon's snake

Patiently waiting. . . .




What's better than having home made bread and ramen noodles for dinner?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so fun! I want the recipe. I still can't get over how grown up your kids are getting, and how adorable they are!

April said...

I remember doing that too! Aren't our kids just so lucky that their moms have a great mom! lol