Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gingerbread fun. . .

Both the kids stayed home sick from school today. Brandon has impetigo (a weird skin infection that's super contagious) and Lexi has a nasty cold. Oh, and I'm getting over strep throat (day 3 of the z-pak and I'm FINALLY feeling better). Any way. . . the kids were bored so we got out the ginger bread house kit I bought a few days ago. They had lots of fun making their own little ginger bread village and eating lots of frosting and candy, which is the best part right? Any way, it was a peaceful day (except for waking up with no water because of frozen pipes and ending the day with a trip to the ER for staples in Brandon's head.) :)

Working hard. . . .



It's snowing!


All done. . .




Brandon thought it would be fun to use his train table as a bike ramp. He set the table against his bed and rode his little four wheeler down it. Not sure what happened but I heard a big crash and he came running out with blood all over his face. As soon as I got the bleeding to slow down a little bit I took a look. I could see his skull. . . so I knew he'd need staples. My mom braved the weather (9 below zero. . . YUCK) and hung out with Lexi while I took Brandon to the ER. He was so proud of him self for not crying when the Dr. put the staples in. Poor little guy.


My brave litte guy. Cute with impetigo and all :)



Well, every one is settled for the night. It's final's week. . . I should study, but my bed is calling my name. I better go see what it wants. Good night!

4 comments:

Loree said...

what a cute gingerbread village! looks like fun! my wantes want to make a gingerbread house. we may have to do that. :) and poor little Brandon! ouch! those staples look painful! what a crazy little dar devil you have! :) i hope his skin infection heals fast too! good luck with finals :) love and miss you!

Jennifer Zito said...

Poor Merilee! Two sick, one injured, plus a sick Mommy, all of which are currently without water due to a broken pipe. I feel for you lady! You are such a trooper! It definitely sounds like you need to pad Brandon's room and all of his toys...lol. He is such a dare-devil. I love your new layout as well...and the gingerbread houses are adorable. Take care...and I hope you all feel better soon. You are such a great Mom!

April said...

Crazy, crazy! With all that going on, I hope your bed "told" you to get off the internet and start studying!!! LOL

Granny Z. said...

I guess the day was a little laid back and easy - Brandon needed to liven things up a bit. Glad I could be there to help - I ,too, made many trips the the ER - you just never know what is next.