Friday, November 20, 2009

We did it. . .

After lots of debate, we decided to get the H1N1 vaccination. I was on the fence about getting the kids vaccinated. We get the seasonal flu vaccination every year. . . but with the H1N1 it was hard to get real information. There are SO many misconceptions about the shot that I have to admit, even I was a little nervous. (We got the nasal mist- do a little research before getting to freaked out by a "live virus").

I have to do community service for school so I signed up to help with the H1N1 vaccine clinic at the Public Health Department today. After talking with the public health nurse and reading lots of information I decided we'd better get it. So. . . it's done. Lexi, Brandon and I are all vaccinated. Eric doesn't qualify (he's not in any of the high risk categories) so hopefully he stays healthy. It's nice to know that my kids won't end up looking like this:


No comments: