Thursday, December 17, 2009

Brandon- the mighty hunter


Brandon and Eric went for a "drive" and came back with a little surprise. Boy was Brandon excited about the pheasant they shot. He was talking as fast (and as loud) as he could when he telling me about it.


Brandon: "Mom, it was so cool. I was lookin out the window when we were going around a corner and I saw this bird by Granny's. I told daddy to shoot it. We followed the bird's foot prints and then we shot it in the neck. We just shot it with a shotgun. I carried it to the car by it's feet."


Mom: "Oh, poor little bird. What about it's kids? You shot their dad!"


Brandon: "You're silly mom, birds don't have kids. Let's eat it. First we have to take it's guts out. Then we can eat it. "


Hmmm. . . 3 years old. Is he to young for this kind of stuff?
So proud!
I do NOT like to eat wild birds. . . or wild anything for that matter. I think I'll have cereal for dinner. Eric and the kids can eat the "chicken".

3 comments:

April said...

Uh . . . yummy. :) Hope you enjoyed your Fruit Loops! lol

Granny Z. said...

Dad grins and chuckles every time he thinks about this picture. He thinks Eric is great for taking the time to let Brandon go with him.

Jennifer Zito said...

Kris and I laughed so hard when we read this post. Brandon is so lucky to have such a great dad! Great idea, Eric!