Thursday, October 1, 2009

Smarty Pants

Lexi's starting to read! It's so cute to hear her sound out the words. The concept that letters make sounds. . . and sounds make words. . . has finally clicked! Here she is reading her first book. . . .



Brandon was begging me to video him doing something. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said "I can sing the alphabet". . . what?! I've never heard him say the ABC's before. He's tried a few times but has never gotten past "E"- he's just never been that in to learning it. He's been in preschool for about a month now and is finally starting to like it. He calls it "Day care school"-kinds funny. Any way, here he is. . . singing the alphabet with hardly any help. (Notice the Hulk gloves. . . once he was done singing, he got a mad face and was ready to go beat something up. . . he's such a boy)


The end is my favorite part. . . "next time don't sing with me. . . ." :)

Ahh! Aren't the cute?

3 comments:

April said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute! lol I love how Lexi turns the book at the end to face you because she's reading to you and wants you to see the page. :)

Brandon's "don't sing with me" is the best part! lol They are so adorable.

Loree said...

wow! Lexi is a GREAT reader! i am so proud of her! so cute! and brandon. love his ABC'S the ending is the best too. :)

Granny Z. said...

What little sweethearts, makes me smile. They are so lucky that you are keeping such a good record of all this stuff. Some day you can show it to their teenage friends!