Thursday, September 17, 2009

Something I Swore I'd NEVER do. . .

You know how it is. . . you have a mental list of things you'd NEVER do when you had kids. For example: my kid will NEVER cry during church, my kids will NEVER have a nasty runny nose, my kids will NEVER eat hot dogs (do you have any idea what those things are made of? me either). Any way, you get the point. Well, one of the things I'd swore I'd never do is feed my kids T.V. dinners and let them eat it. . . that's right, in front of the T.V. I'm all about eating real food at the dinner table as a family. But. . . .

Today was not a good day. I'm piled high in home work, we have no groceries, Eric's working until 11pm and I'm tired. So I took a quick trip to get the kids dinner and a movie. They were SUPER excited to have their first T.V. dinner ever.

We got home, I heated up the Kids Cuisines. . .turned on the movie and dug into my homework. They are in bed now, fast asleep with garbage for food in their tummies. (I was sure to put some fresh veggies in Lexi's lunch for tomorrow) . Perhaps it's not normal to feel so guilty. . . at least I fed them dinner right? :)
Excited to watch "Honey I shrunk the kids" (a 1990's classic)

Yum! Yum!

4 comments:

April said...

Aren't kids lucky that sometimes they get to do the things we always said, "my kids will never . . ."? lol Way to sooth it with the fresh veggies for lunch the next day. Hope your stress level is on the downturn. :) Love ya!

Loree said...

i love it merilee! you crack me up! i think you are an amazing mother and a little tv dinner just makes life fun for the kiddos. you know they loved it :) good luck to you and all your craziness! I am thinking of you :)

Johnny and Anny said...

Oh the little things in life that make your kids smile...I think it's so precious that they totally geeked out about a tv dinner. I'd say you're doing a great job, especially if they got excited about something like that:)! Good luck with school and all that jazz!

Granny Z. said...

Some times you just gotta do what you just gotta do! When Leonard started seminary and I had to take him in to town so early, I found that the rest of you could eat cold cereal for a whole year and not die!! Amazing what kids can live through.