Saturday, September 27, 2008

Boxes

Brandon played in this cardboard box all day today. It was fun to watch him play in it. He's got such a good imagination (for a 2 year old :) ) Any way, after I took these pictures I remembered that my mom wrote a poem (one of her many hidden talents) about boxes. She wrote one for each of her kids, added pictures and put them in a book for us. I'll have to scan in some of the pages some time. The boxes page has pictures of Johnathan (my brother) in a CLOTH diaper crawling in and out of a big box. Pretty cute. Any way, here's the poem. . .

Boxes

My grandma got a brand new toy,
I think it is a dryer.
I got the BOX,
oh what a joy.
I quickly climbed insider her.

First it was an army tank, next a rocket to the moon.
Then it was a pirate ship in a blue lagoon.
A big jet plane, a submarine crusin' in the deep.
A fire engine and a train, or a cave in which to sleep.

When mama came to take me home,
I hid just like a fox.
Oh what a joy for a little boy
is a great big cardboard box.

By: Laura Lee 1998


I gave him construction paper and glue to decorate his "rocket ship"

He loved it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how cute!! The poem that your mom wrote is so special and it brings back a lot of memories or playing in cardboard boxes. I love these blogs it helps me stay in touch with my friends and family so much better (I'm horrible at email)!