Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's time for a vacation. . .

It's time for a vacation- from internet and cable, that is :) That's right, we're going internet and cable free for 30 days. It's so easy to waste hours of precious time wandering around on the internet. It's even easier to waste time watching TV. We want to enjoy these last few weeks of summer with nothing to distract us. We'll be turning the internet back on in September, but only because I HAVE to have it for school- cable will be left off.

We've gone four days so far. (I'm at my parent's house borrowing their computer at the moment) At first I thought the kids would go crazy with out morning cartoons- the whining is getting less and less and they are actually beginning to play with their toys and use their imaginations :)

And as for my self. . . I get SO much more done during the day. I have to admit it was hard for me at first too. I've been making breakfast, playing outside, folding laundry, reading. . . . and when the kids go to bed, I do too! There's nothing else to do. Any way. . . call me crazy, most people could never survive, but I really think it's what's best for us- at least for now :)

In other words. . . blog post from the Cole Family will be few and far between for a while.

6 comments:

Loree said...

you will be missed :) but cable vacation is a good thing. I should take an internet vacation. but I am too addicted :) when i have "fasted" completly from the media I am WAY more productive. good luck lady :0) you can do it :)

Jennifer Zito said...

Good Luck! I will never give up the internet or my basic T.V. channels. We only get about 8. I feel that since I have given up "cable" I am doing well. I was truly addicted to CNN, but like you, I got to the point where it was no longer worth it. So,I will miss you. Blog when you can...and good luck again!

Kris said...

I can certainly relate to wanting to rid my or home of some of the mindless distractions. But I’d give up my t.v., telephone, cell phone and/or indoor plumbing for my internet connection :) Good luck.

amberzito said...

Our household has been cable free since I moved in with Nathan...I feel it is the best thing for us and the kiddos! It sucks when people at work talk about TV shows and I don't have a clue what they are referring too, but I wouldn't ever have it any other way. CABLE SUCKS!! hehe

amberzito said...

P.S. Would die without the internet though =)

Loree said...

SISTER!!! I AM READY FOR YOU TO BE OFF VACATION! I MISS YOU!!!! PLEASE RETURN SOON :) LOVE YA